This also forced me to find blogs to follow, something I’d really been meaning to do…it was on the list. So, with the award there are some rules and a little Q & A to get to know one another —
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
2. Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them by going to their website and notifying them.
1. What’s your favourite book or series? (As an avid reader, I’m always curious!)
This is a tough one to answer. I have the same trouble with declaring one favorite movie. I guess I might be like those parents who adamantly profess they don’t have a favorite child, when secretly they really do prefer one over the other. I mean I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, but, if I had to choose…Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. Discovering this novel changed quite a lot for me.
2. A quote that inspires you?
I have many of these, tacked on my wall (and Pinterest and Facebook) as constant reminders, but the one that motivated me to follow my dreams is “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life”. People who aren’t creatively inclined seem to always want to squash what they consider “pipe dreams”, and without art, in any form, the world would be a dull and depressing place. If I had to continue to go to some boring office job or what-have-you, as so many think I should, I’d probably have off’d myself by now.
3. What’s one of your favourite hobbies? (Besides writing, if you consider that to be a hobby.)
I do not. I used to have a piano growing up, and I loved to play. I miss it. When I have the space and the money, I’d love to buy another.
4. Favourite food dish?
I’ve been a vegetarian for over six years now, so my eating habits have changed, but I have always loved pizza. It doesn’t matter that I had some three days ago, or yesterday, I could go for it again.
5. If you could be any mythical creature what would you be?
A mermaid, without a doubt. I’ve always been drawn to the ocean, I scuba dive, and growing up I had ridiculously long hair, loved the movie Splash, and would often pretend to be a mermaid. Ooh, unless I could wield magic…
6. What kind of music are you interested in and favourite bands in those genres?
I listen to a lot of classical, soundtrack (movies, even video games), and I suppose what would be considered New Age when I write. Enya, by far, is my favorite artist, ever. Favorite bands are Depeche Mode, Garbage, Muse, and Within Temptation, to name a few. I’m always on the look out for new music which is why I’m a big fan of YouTube.
7. If you could visit any place in the world where would you go and why?
Oh goodness, where to start…I love to travel. I’ve even backpacked around Europe, but I’ve never seen the Pyramids of Giza. I did a report on them and had to build a model when I was in school, I was maybe 12, and I’ve been fascinated with them ever since. I have a friend who currently lives in Egypt, so if I could afford the trip, I could knock that off the bucket list.
8. What kind of quirks do you have?
Oh, what creative doesn’t have their quirks?! I’d say I’m borderline OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). I like things to be in their place, I hate that I don’t have enough room in my tiny apartment for everything to be put away properly, but I’m not so bad that I need all my canned labels facing out, although they usually do (because how else would you know what it was?). I’m also a procrastinator. I know it. I admit it freely, because at this point in my life, I really can’t change who I am, and there’s something about the pressure of a time-sensitive deadline that really gets the blood flowing.
9. How would you describe yourself personality wise?
I suppose I’m sort of a contradiction. When I have to go out socially, if I don’t really know anyone, I’m quiet, reserved. But, I used to be a server/bartender where I had to be social with strangers. Even though I’m an artist, which usually lends itself to less seriousness and responsibility, I’m sometimes too rational, too cautious, having loads of responsibility tossed on me at an early age.
10. Do you have a religion or belief system you follow; if so, what is it and why?
Ooh, this is one of those taboo type questions. Nice. I was raised as a non-denominational Christian, which means you follow the Bible’s teachings and believe in Jesus, but after a few “experiences” with supposed Christians, I was turned off to the whole idea of organized religion. I don’t accept the Bible as law, because it was written, and altered, by men to serve their own purposes. I don’t think the world is well off, but believing there is no God, no higher purpose, is depressing and bleak.
And here are my nominees (which I promise to finish another day as this was very time consuming):
1. As a writer, I should ask, “What is your favorite book?” but I will expand that to include whatever your most treasured reading is (poetry, graphic novels, short story, what-have-you).
2. What is your favorite movie? (Yes, you may only choose one.)
3. Coffee or tea?
4. Are you a gamer? If so, what’s your favorite game or series.
5. What sound brings you the most pleasure?
6. If you had the opportunity to go anywhere today, where would it be?
7. If you could live in another era, which would it be? And where?
8. Do you have any pet peeves concerning the current state of the “modern age”?
9. Do you have any kids or furkids?
10. And for a little fluff…do you have a celebrity crush? Or is there an actor you could watch for an hour and a half just doing some mundane task? Like sitting in a corner?
And so the torch is passed. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to explore other amazing people and their blogs and for this honor!